Holiday Gift Guide 2014
It's time for last minute Christmas shopping! Which is just about the time when I start my shopping. I've never been very good at getting started early, and judging by the amount of sales and discounts out there this week, I'm not the only one. So I figured I'd put together a list of my favorite items and share them with you. Most of these are kitchen or food related - because that's what tops my list this year - but there's also a few other goodies that I've spied around the webs. So hopefully you can start crossing some names off that list!For the Coffee Obsessed:
- If you prefer to make one drink at a time, the Nespresso machines are hard to beat. They range from affordable to fancy.
- If you'd rather take your time and enjoy the process and you like to grind your own beans, the Chemex is the hipster tool to have. And it does make a pretty killer cup of coffee.
- You'll need hot water for that Chemex - might as well make it with a pretty kettle. We use our kettle all the time - it's the workhorse of the breakfast table.
For the Chef:
- Everything looks better when it's cooked in a hand-hammered copper pan. Seriously - how pretty are those?
- A Vitamix. Need I say more?
- I bought this knife about a year ago and it's the only knife I use. For everything from chopping herbs to slicing up a chicken breast, I can't seem to put this one down.
- Don't use that knife on just any surface! Invest in a good quality cutting board because you'll use it every day.
For the Baker:
- Everyone needs a silpat..Or two. Or three. Seriously, these are the best.
- If you're serious about baking bread, a bread cloche (or a dutch oven) is the way to go.
- Save your favorite muffin or cupcake baker the hassle of cleaning up with these silicone muffin pans.
- I use this Bench Dough Scraper all the time. It helps me gather up cookie dough, unstick pasta dough from the board, collect chopped items..it's like my third hand in the kitchen.
For Everyone else:
- Book someone a virtual stay at a gingerbread home and help support a great charity. (How cute is this?)
- Piperlime is offering 25% off today and tomorrow. Great for all the fashionistas in your life. You can also get Free Shipping with the code FREE.
- Get something for the men in your life at Gap. They're offering up to 50% off sitewide.
- Get yourself a little something at Old Navy. 30% off with the code DASHER.